Wednesday,
30th March 2011,
1212 hours.
After School. This is not what you think it is.
30th March 2011,
1212 hours.
After School. This is not what you think it is.
After all these years of painful and full melancholy songs that have been kept in my mind, I have come to a point where I am starting to like some Pop music. And now, Korean Pop to be precise.
After School. It's a Korean girl band that brings my entire life to a whole new world of joy and happiness. They shook me out from the loneliness. They put smiles on my face every day when I listen to them. As far as I'm concern, when it comes to music, I really do take it quite seriously.
This is maybe because I grew up in a childhood where most of the times, music flows in every single nerves of mine. I am not saying that I put other things aside just to listen to music only, no. This is just a metaphor.
After School did a great job by making their very first debut on a mini album called, New School Girl. I just love how they mix hip-hop and rap plus somewhat a bubblegum pop genre in their songs. Especially in Play Girlz and Ah. This isn't about those girls wearing sexy mini-skirts, tanks and stuffs. This is all about how I love Korean Pop songs (most of them) are composed very neatly in terms of beats, tunes and LYRICS especially. They are unlike American pop songs which I find most of them always referring to parties, sex, illegal stuffs etcetera.
Plus, I personally think that their choreography is much more energetic and unique than any other girl bands.
Plus, I personally think that their choreography is much more energetic and unique than any other girl bands.
I could feel the energy when they did it on every live stage performances. Stunning.
And now, they even have they full album and waiting for a comeback after a year. And with additional members, Uee, Nana, Raina Lizzy and Yiyoung. Which makes them a total of nine girls, to count from the original members that includes Kahi (leader), Bekah, Jo Yeon and Jung Ah.
And not to forget, SooYoung which had left them before their second album debut.
I find it somehow Pledis Entertainment (their recording company) wants to get these girls in a large group in comparison to SNSD (Girls Generation). I don't know. It's just a hunch. But I do find some pros and cons with their group getting larger in term of numbers.
post-scriptum: Thanks to a dearest cousin of mine, Ilya Ayana and my bestie, which also act as our 8 Sins' mediator, Diyana for introducing these "brain hemorrhage" stuffs to me in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment